NG Clearing is Nigeria’s Premier Central Counterparty, established to support growth and development in the Nigerian Capital Market, as the gateway to African Markets. We aim to deliver best-in-class post-trade services that manage counterparty credit risks and reduce systemic risks. Our quest is to pave the way for the smooth introduction of exchange-traded derivatives and other financial instruments to the Nigerian and African markets, thus facilitating the availability of alternative investment options for knowledgeable local and foreign investors who seek a diversified portfolio within our markets.
NG Clearing provides equal opportunities to all. We are committed to helping our employees attain enviable heights in knowledge and personal development, while creating positive memories within a friendly environment, without fear of discrimination, harassment, or victimization. We are looking for individuals with a deep passion for personal development, who are enthusiastic about adapting their core skills into multiple role scenarios and appreciate the benefit of working collaboratively to achieve greater success.
We require an Operations Analyst to join our growing team of self-motivated, fun-loving employees.
Grade and Role Relationships
Job Grade: Non-Management (Entry Level – Analyst) Grade
Department: Core Operations (Clearing, Settlements & Collateral Management)
Reports to: Operations Manager
Direct Reports (Functions): Nil
Duties & Responsibilities
The Operations Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day management of activities pertaining to Clearing & Settlement of trades in exchange-traded instruments and associated Risk Management practices in conformity with applicable regulations and organizational standards of NG Clearing.
- Operational Excellence: Support the management of end-to-end operations of the Clearing Corporation which involves receiving of trades from the Stock Exchange and processing it to ensure settlement. Efficient collateral management to mitigate risk of settlement shall form one of the core functions. The candidate shall have the ability to convert knowledge of the industry and business into a competitive advantage.
- Risk & Control: Ensuring that the day’s work is accomplished with focus on risk and timely escalation of exceptions and recording the same. Work with CRO in establishing and executing the Risk Control Self-Assessment framework for operations.
- New Products, Business & Industry Initiatives: Work with stakeholders to understand the impact of new products or flows on the operational environment and assist in managing changes to ensure the business is managed with minimal risk and manual processing. This includes interaction with the Technology Division on projects.
- Strategic Initiatives: Participate in key strategic initiatives for the organization. These may include opportunities to optimize the operating model, remodel the settlement flow to reduce cost, risk and optimize technology rationalization.
- Productivity & Process Improvement: Delivering process and productivity improvements and building a culture of continuous improvement.
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Accounting, or other related numerate discipline.
- Entry level role
- Intermediate proficiency in the use of MS Excel
- Numerical literacy and data management
- Intermediate proficiency in utilization of IT tools and systems
Desirable Personal Characteristics
- Hands-on and effective team player
- Enthusiastic about using technology to solve real world problems
- Strong interpersonal skills and high energy levels, effective communication
- Self-motivated with willingness to learn and deepen knowledge within a short time
- Problem solving skills
- High level of integrity and transparency in personal dealings
- Ability to handle and break down complex information
- Strong customer and service orientation
Click Here to apply